Tuesday, June 9, 2009

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FOOD, PEOPLE!


Drum roll please.....and the scale reads...

140.0!

New number...lowest since joining Beachbody 6 years ago. I started when I weighed 169 lbs back in 2003. Got down to 150 lbs two years ago and for the past two years I've been fluctuating anywhere between 143 and 149 lbs. ENOUGH! 130's here I come... WOO HOO!!!

It's all about the food, people!


Avoid processed food (I use that term "food" lightly) = losing weight.
Stop eating 3 hours before bedtime = losing weight
Plan your meals in advance = losing weight
Write down what you're eating and keep track of calories = losing weight

If it didn't have a mother or didn't grow out of the ground, DON'T EAT IT!

Sure Exercise plays a part in overall wellness, we need it for all the cardiovasular benefits and we need it to build muscle, strengthen our bones, etc. All important. But if you seriously want to lose weight and keep it off for good, then you have to zone in on what you're eating. Is it real food? or Is it Chemical laden, can't pronounce the ingredients, God know what it's doing to my internal organs, non-food CRAP!?

Hey, I didn't say it was easy...look at me, I've struggled for years....I'm still struggling, BUT it's getting easier as the months go by. I'm in the best shape of my life, I have tons of energy and I'm at a weight I haven't seen in 10 years! I'm headed in the right direction and it feels fabulous!
I've found, through trial and error, what works for me! It's taken a while, but I've got it.

I'm now focus on my next goal of losing 10 more pounds to get me to 130 lbs. Then I'll reassess whether or not I want to lose anymore. I've never been "fit" and slim before. My lowest adult weight was 113 lbs. (when I got married). But I was all skin and bones. I didn't like it AT ALL! I had absolutely no muscle. Now I have muscle....so it's a whole new ball game and I'm not sure where I'll comfortably end up weight wise. So time will tell. It's been a frustrating AND an exciting journey all wrap up into one.

I'm investing in my older self....ARE YOU?

No comments: